The College processes personal data about its learners and is a “Data Controller” in respect of this for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. It processes this data to:
- support its learner’s teaching and learning;
- monitor and report on their progress;
- satisfy health and safety requirements
- provide appropriate pastoral care, and assess how well the college, as a whole, is doing.
This data includes for example, contact details, enrolment details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, characteristics such as ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.
- This data may only be used or passed on for specific purposes allowed by law. We will send some of the information we hold about you to the Welsh Government (WG). This information forms your learner record held by WG. This is used by WG and the third parties detailed below for four broad purposes:
- For WG, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, Estyn, and the Wales Audit Office to carry out their statutory functions.
- For WG to produce anonymised data in statistical publications.
- For third parties, such as further education sector bodies, to use anonymised data to carry out research or equal opportunities monitoring that WG deems to be in the public interest. This information may be published.
Occasionally WG may allow third parties acting on its behalf access to learner records including personal identifiers only to assist in linking learner records for the purpose of statistical research. Contractors will be required to sign confidentiality agreements in relation to the data, demonstrate that they operate satisfactory information security procedures, and destroy their copies of the data following conclusion of the research project.
Your contact details may be passed, by WG, to survey contractors to carry out the Learner Voice Survey, or other surveys related to education functions on behalf of the organisations listed. These contractors will use your details only for that purpose, and will then delete
them. If you do not want to take part in these surveys, please let us know.
The data you supply will also be used by the Learning Registration Service formally Managing Information Across Partners (MIAP) to issue you with a Unique Learner Number (ULN) and share information about your learning with organisations linked to your education and training. Further details of how your data is processed and shared can be found at www.miap.gov.uk.
The College may also share your data with Careers Wales West, the Local Education Authority, The Children’s University, Swansea Language Centre, Student Finance Wales and organisations that require access to data for registration, certification and examination purposes.
Your rights: Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights of access to the data
WAG holds about you. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to access your personal data then please contact the Data Control Officer at the College. A nominal fee is charged for each request and the College has a time period of 40 days to provide the data (as per the Data Protection Act 1998).
If you have any questions about how we use personal information please contact Dave Hibbs on 01792 284065 or 01792 890718 or email email@example.com